Wednesday, December 20, 2006

rajko



for those of you who read the other site--which, i assume, is probably all of you--these are some sketches that i did last august of rajko, my tool partner for the past five months. i drew the dated one first (ink) but wasn't very happy with the result (note the white-out under ear on right). about an hour later i tried another method, limiting my time to 5 minutes and using another medium (pencil). i am much happier with the second result.

* also, i wanted to clarify an error that i made in my original rajko post. rajko doesn't identify himself as either serbian (as i had claimed) or croatian, he sees himself as being from the former yugoslavia. apparently, there are too many politics associated with the newer titles. i also discovered that he served in the war, and was discharged when he took shrapnel in his leg from incoming mortar fire. the shrapnel is still in there.

1 comment:

Sheyde said...

Well Mr. L...I like this version of your blog. I am torn now, do I like the blog that reviews movies, books, themes, issues on job sites? or do I like the artistry with the background given? It is tough both are very interesting!!